Do you love kids? Milton Family Community Center is seeking caring and energetic staff members to provide a wonderful experience for students in our Milton After School Kids program. We need people who like to play board games, read stories, shoot hoops, tackle art projects, get messy and have fun with students. Our staff are mentors and trusted adults for students, providing a safe and enriching place to play and learn before and after school, and all summer long. Our program staff take the lead in offering exciting STEM projects and experiments, as well as farm-to-school projects.
This position has flexible hours, ranging between 5- 20 hrs/wk during the school year, and full-time during the summer.
High-quality program facilitation
- Ensure MASK program meets or exceeds VT licensing regulations at all times, including:
- Record keeping
- Health and safety
- Classroom environment
- Emergency Response Planning
- In collaboration with fellow teachers and the Afterschool Program Director, plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities based on age-appropriate standards and program goals.
- Initiate, direct, and facilitate activities with children to aid in development of socialization and self-help, language and reading, math, fine and gross motor skills, art, play, storytelling, songs, and dramatic play.
- Ensure students safe arrival and departure within the afterschool program areas of use.
- Assist in safe distribution of nutritious snacks to students.
- Collaborate with other staff and MASK Director regarding enrollment, new family onboarding and waitlist management.
- Engage in and complete every year, from the date of initial hire, the minimum annual professional development training hours, and submit appropriate documentation via BFIS, as required by VT licensing regulations requirements.
- Maintain certification in First Aid and CPR for infants/children.
Family support & community development
- Drive positive organizational culture alongside fellow MFCC team members. Learn and model the MFCC Policies and Procedures. Create a positive work environment for all staff by role modeling positive and effective communication, and promoting the Strengthening Families framework for working with children and families.
- Adhere to the MFCC Policies and Procedures Manual, and all MASK program specific policies and procedures.
- Attend MFCC all-staff meetings and activities.
- Participate in all scheduled direct supervision and team meetings.
- Assist with other MFCC programs and community efforts to increase community and parental resilience.
- Establish a positive rapport with parents/guardians and act as an advocate/facilitator for families by sharing information and referrals that may benefit the child or family.
- Communicate with:
- After School Program Director- regarding any concerns, issues, or questions of staff, parents, and collaborating partners;
- Parents - regarding daily activities and schedule; special events; meals; and child specific information including behavior and well-being
- MFCC and MES Staff- regarding curriculum ideas, thoughts, or concerns; daily responsibilities, and specific student needs when parents have given explicit permission and a need exists.
- Collaborative partners- regarding students with special needs, field trip opportunities, in-program activities, mentorship programs, etc.
Other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or equivalent and experience working with children.
Must have knowledge or willingness to learn about:
- planning and implementing high quality afterschool programs.
- educational, social/emotional, and physical development needs of school age students.
- Afterschool licensing regulations
Must have at least one of the following within a year of employment:
- Vermont Afterschool Foundations Certificate; OR
- Vermont Afterschool Essentials Certificate: OR
- Vermont On-The-Job Training certificate; OR
- Vermont Afterschool Professional Credential; OR
- Vermont Program Director Credential; OR
- Vermont Teacher Licensure; OR
- BA/BS or Associates Degree
Nice To Haves
Previous experience working with children in a group setting; course work related to child development, elementary education, and/or afterschool specific coursework.
Already certified in First Aid/CPR.
Compensation is based on education and experience, ranging $15-20/hr.
- Opportunity to join a dedicated, passionate team driving real impact in the community!
- Compensation based upon education and experience.
- Competitive package of paid vacation, sick and personal days.
- Childcare discount of 50% for employees, pending availability of a slot.
- On-going, personalized professional development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Program.
This position is not eligible for insurance benefits.
Salary : $17 to $21/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Milton, VT