Do you love kids? Milton Family Community Center is seeking caring and energetic staff members to provide a wonderful experience for students in our Milton After School Kids program. We need people who like to play board games, read stories, shoot hoops, tackle art projects, get messy and have fun with students. Our staff are mentors and trusted adults for students, providing a safe and enriching place to play and learn before and after school, and all summer long. Our program staff take the lead in offering exciting STEM projects and experiments, as well as farm-to-school projects.
This position has flexible hours, ranging between 5- 20 hrs/wk during the school year, and full-time during the summer.
Assist in High-quality program facilitation
- Assist staff as needed to ensure MASK program meets or exceeds VT licensing regulations at all times, including:
- Record keeping
- Health and safety
- Classroom environment
- Emergency Response Planning
- Help to initiate, direct, and facilitate activities with children to aid in development of socialization and self-help, language and reading, math, fine and gross motor skills, art, play, storytelling, songs, and dramatic play.
- Ensure students safe arrival and departure within the afterschool program areas of use.
- Assist in safe distribution of nutritious snacks to students.
- Collaborate with other staff and MASK Director regarding enrollment, and new family onboarding.
- Engage in and complete every year, from the date of initial hire, the minimum annual professional development training hours, and submit appropriate documentation via BFIS, as required by VT licensing regulations requirements.
- Maintain certification in First Aid and CPR for infants/children.
Aides under 18 are not able to be left alone with children at any time while working for the MASK program, but do contribute to the 1:13 staff to student ratio.
Family support & community development
- Drive positive organizational culture alongside fellow MFCC team members. Learn and model the MFCC Policies and Procedures. Create a positive work environment for all staff by role modeling positive and effective communication, and promoting the Strengthening Families framework for working with children and families.
- Adhere to the MFCC Policies and Procedures Manual, and all MASK program specific policies and procedures.
- Attend MFCC all-staff meetings and activities.
- Participate in all scheduled direct supervision and team meetings.
- Support community events when possible to increase community awareness and/or promote parental resilience alongside teammates.
- Communicate with:
- After School Program Director- regarding any concerns, issues, or questions of staff, parents, and collaborating partners;
- Parents - regarding daily activities and schedule; special events; meals; and child specific information including behavior and well-being
- MFCC and MES Staff- regarding curriculum ideas, thoughts, or concerns; daily responsibilities, and specific student needs when parents have given explicit permission and a need exists.
- Collaborative partners- regarding students with special needs, field trip opportunities, in-program activities, mentorship programs, etc.
Other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 16 years of age. Experience working with children is highly preferred.
Nice To Haves
- Opportunity to join a dedicated, passionate team driving real impact in the community!
- Compensation based upon education and experience.
- Competitive package of paid vacation, sick and personal days.
- Childcare discount of 50% for employees, pending availability of a slot.
- On-going, personalized professional development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Program.
This position is not eligible for insurance benefits.
Salary : $15 to $17/Hr
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Milton, VT