Are you an amazing teacher? We are seeking a dynamic teacher for our location in Duluth, GA. The right candidate will have a passion for teaching early age learners, a proven track record reflecting a pursuit to be a life-long learner, and a drive to implement the best ingredients in their teaching.
Who are we? The Schoolhouse is an independent preschool academy, located in the heart of the Duluth community, teaching young learners ages 1 to 7.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Working in partnership with colleagues in creating, planning, and teaching child centered learning experiences, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction and using assessments effectively
- Engaging children in project work that is an in-depth investigation of a particular topic as part of an emergent curriculum
- Incorporating the theological studies of Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences, philosophical approach of Reggio Emilia, and the concepts of Progressive Teaching strategies while incorporating the Schoolhouse's milestones
- Creating an inclusive classroom environment through regular class meetings, supportive exchanges with learners, and clear expectations for community behavior
- Collaborating with other teachers to develop curriculum, plan trips and special projects, and solve problems
- Working and communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, and assessments
- Support and follow the School's Mission, Vision, and Values while adhering to Policies and Procedures
- Be a positive and contributing member of the professional community
- Prefer B.A. degree in Early Childhood or applicable field of education
- License and Certification Qualifications: Meets Georgia certification requirements in appropriate field of education
Nice To Haves
The school offers competitive compensation based on education, prior experience and position requirements. More information about the school can be found on our website at http://www.theschoolhouse.com. The Schoolhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary : $31,000 to $34,000/Yr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Duluth, GA