At New Oak Academy, we are looking for an AWESOME teacher to join our AMAZING team. Someone who thrives in a supportive fun work environment, believes children learn best through hands-on experiences, wants to grow professionally, and is passionate about Early Childhood Education. Is that you?
The teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, implementing the curriculum, having great communication skills, effectively resolving conflict when needed, partnering with parents to achieve a successful school for the students, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Also, has knowledge about children’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. To support dual-language learners and teach a second language to our students.
At New Oak Academy you're not a babysitter, you're an educator! We understand the importance of valuing our staff and that is why we care about you professionally and personally.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- CDA or TCC
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to speak a second language fluently.
Nice To Haves
Associate’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
Dental, Vision & Health
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Thomasville, GA