Teacher assistants at Wave Children's Learning Center support the teachers and directors by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assist in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. Wave Children's Learning Center has been proudly serving the Great Neck community since 2004; we enroll students from 8 weeks to fifth grade. WCLC would love for you to join our team and make an impact in these families' lives!
We are currently seeking candidates that would be available to work a consistent shift between the hours of 7:00am-1:15pm or 12pm-6pm Monday through Friday through December 2024 or longer.
- Assistants must be able to communicate, listen, and work well with others in a team environment.
- Implement a quality educational program and maintain positive relationships with the children and their parents.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Observe and document children's interest and progress, and relay that information back to parents and staff.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Must have a consistent Monday-Friday availability. Hours of operation are 7:00am - 6:00pm.
- Must be at least 16 years old and have a desire to work with children. We are a drug-free working environment.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must clear a full background check and pass a health screening.
- Must be able to lift and/or move a minimum of 35 pounds.
Nice To Haves
- CPR Certification
- MAT Certification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Either have a minimum of 6 months childcare experience; or obtained an Early Childhood certificate from a college or university that consists of at least 30 semester hours.
- Fun work environment
- Employees are eligible for 50% off childcare after 60 days.
- Career path- We love to promote from within. WCLC invests heavily in their employees and love to help those who wish to grow with our company.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays off
- Health Insurance (full-time)
- Dental Insurance (full-time)
- Retirement plan (full-time)
- CPR & First Aid training and certification provided
- No weekend work!
Our staff provides the highest quality childcare and educational service that promote a safe, nurturing, and developmentally age-appropriate program environment that encourages the development of the whole child by means of:
- Individual care and concern for each child
- Positive peer interaction
- Child-initiated, play-oriented teacher instruction
- Creative experiences in science, art, practical life, language arts, math, music, small and large motor skills, culture and geography
- Caring, passionate, attentive staff
Salary : $12.50 to $13.70/Hr
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Virginia Beach, VA