To provide a safe, nurturing, and positive learning environment for infants and toddlers according to developmentally appropriate and research-based best practices. To intentionally encourage and assist in the social-emotional, cognitive, and physical development of each child in care.
- To exhibit a deep understanding of child development and best practices
- To utilize ongoing observation and assessment to provide developmentally appropriate learning opportunities.
- To collaborate with other teachers in order to reflect, plan, and implement curricular experiences.
- To develop in his/her responsive caregiving skills and reflective practices.
- To complete ongoing professional development and maintain a flexible attitude toward the implementation of new ideas in the classroom.
- To utilize positive language and guidance in an effort to help children learn and practice appropriate choices.
- To exhibit a positive attitude, teamwork, and patience with staff, children, and families.
- To possess a strong work ethic, be punctual, and have minimal absences.
- To interact professionally with staff, children, and families and be customer service orientated.
- To maintain a professional self-image and project the values of the organization at all times.
- To complete daily paperwork on children's activities/ routines and interact daily with families to share information and build rapport.
- To comply with center policies/procedures, licensing standards, and health/safety standards including sanitation requirements, daily health checks, supervision requirements, etc.
- To perform other duties as needed to help the overall success of the center or as requested by the Center Director.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least 21 years of age and willing to submit to a criminal background check and physical.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent. Must complete required training for school-administered childcare programs annually and as necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to see, hear, and move quickly enough to provide for the safety, emotional, and instructional needs of the children. Must be able to articulate clearly. Must be physically active and interactive throughout the school day. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, stoop, bend, sit on the floor with infants, and lift and carry infants and toddlers. Must be mentally and physically able to care for a child or group of children, per ratio requirements. Environmental odors and substances commonly associated with children and educational institutions must be tolerated. This job may require lifting objects that exceed 20 pounds, with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
CAPACITY AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Specific capacities and abilities may be required of an individual in order to learn or adequately perform a task or job duty.
- Intelligence: The ability to understand instructions and underlying principles. Ability to reason and make judgments.
- Verbal: Ability to understand the meanings of words and the ideas associated with them.
- Numerical: Ability to perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately.
- Manual dexterity: Ability to move the hands and fingers easily.
Nice To Haves
Salary : $11.55 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Tullahoma, TN