General Position Description
Assistant Teachers help to create a safe, peaceful, and joyful learning environment. They develop positive relationships with children and families and assist with implementing a quality educational program.
This position reports to the Program Director.
Full-time (Monday to Friday, 30-40 hours/week)
Lotus Learning Center is a new early childhood program in the East Nashville, North Nashville, and Madison area. At Lotus, we nourish children's creativity and promote holistic development. Our emergent curriculum emphasizes play-based and project-based learning that aligns with children's unique interests.
- Assist in the implementation of a play-based, child-centered curriculum
- Meaningfully engage with children to foster joy in learning and encourage social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth
- Form nurturing and responsive relationships with children and teach social-emotional strategies
- Monitor indoor and outdoor learning environments for safety and cleanliness
- Participate in and contribute to staff meetings and opportunities for professional development
- High School Diploma (required) and Child Development Associate (CDA) credential (preferred)
- 1-2 years of professional child care experience (preferred)
- Infant/Child CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must clear full background check and pass health screening
Nice To Haves
- High energy and flexibility to adapt to the needs of a growing center
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills
- Strong understanding of child development
- Discounted fee for childcare services
- Paid holidays
- Personal days
- Two weeks of paid vacation (one week during winter, one week during summer)
- Referral and retention incentives
Lotus Learning Center is a new family-owned and operated early childhood program in the East Nashville, North Nashville, and Madison area!
At Lotus, we nourish children's creativity and promote their holistic development. Our emergent curriculum emphasizes play-based and project-based learning that aligns with children's unique interests.
Salary : $16 to $18/Hr
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Nashville, TN