Orton Park Camp is seeking enthusiastic team members for our summer 2022 program from June 13th to August 19th. We are looking for someone who has experience with classroom management for elementary age children. Ideally, this candidate is a self-starter who can work independently. A love of camp and outdoor settings is a must!
- The purpose of Orton Park Camp (OPC) is to help children develop social-emotional skills, independence, leadership, and teamwork.
- Social Emotional Skill: Learn to effectively understand and manage emotions. Be kind towards others, develop positive friendships, and treat all people with kindness.
- Independence: Rely on one's self to make creative and logistical decisions.
- Leadership: Step up and take initiative - lead by setting good examples for others.
- Teamwork: Ask for help when you need it and work together with other campers to achieve goals.
*A monthly bonus will be paid to all full time employees
The group leader is responsible for oversight of their group of 9-16 children.
Prepare with other Group Leaders:
- Daily/weekly activities related to each week's theme
- Provide a wide variety of activities based on the interests of campers
- Create Small and large group experiences and games
- Assist in field trip arrangements as delegated by the Camp Director and Program Director
- Communicate with parents/guardians on a daily basis, through face to face conversations as well as communication using our camp app, BrightWheel
- Discuss behaviors and concerns in private, timely and constructive manner
- Review parent log and BrightWheel for any notes or changes regarding the daily routines of the children
- Communicate with other Group Leaders and Camp Director regarding program, staff, and children
- Review staff log and BrightWheel for any notes or changes regarding the daily routine
- A certificate from The Registry indicating that the person is qualified to work as an Assistant Teacher
- Must have previously obtained CPR certification. Does not have to be current.
- This position will include paid training hours, background checks, and finger printing
Nice To Haves
Salary : $15 to $18.50/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Madison, WI