Ideal position for an ambitious early childhood professional looking to gain skills to become an Assistant or Center Director in a supportive and learning rich environment.
The Accreditation and Curriculum Specialist \ Coach is responsible for ensuring the curriculum is being implemented as designed and helping teachers who may be struggling to do so. As well as playing an integral role in the NAECY accreditation process for the school.
Implement classroom processes and procedures that meet NAECY accreditation standards.
Implement curriculum that meets the learning goals of the center and supports cognitive development of the children.
- Work with Teachers to develop lesson plans; ensure they have access to appropriate materials.
- Review Teacher notes and comments and make suggestions for improvement.
- Collaborate with Teachers to prepare means of sharing curriculum with parents.
- Identify educational opportunities to further develop skills of center staff.
Establish and maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment.
- Design an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom.
- Develop an appropriate classroom management system to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom.
- Ensure that classroom equipment is in good repair and report any issues to the Assistant Director
- Understand and implement The Goddard School emergency procedure(s)
- Promote healthy eating practices at lunch and snack times.
- Ensure that children are always within state ratio requirements.
- Perform nominal cleaning responsibilities (eg, spills) immediately.
- Perform deep cleaning during times when children are not present.
- Post a classroom schedule that meets the needs of the children and includes a routine and learning opportunities.
- Mentor assigned teacher assistant and model appropriate behavior techniques for working with children.
- Work with Educational Director to implement activities and special events that meet the needs of children and families.
- Set displays for bulletin boards.
- Ensure compliance with the law, policies and procedures for the TN Department of Human Services
- Post and adhere to all GSI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Advance children's physical and intellectual competence
- Adapt program to meet the individual needs of each child.
- Create a multi-cultural learning environment.
- Provide a variety of developmentally appropriate materials.
- Interact with the children to support play, exploration and learning.
- Encourage children to talk with each other and with the faculty.
- Present age- and developmentally appropriate expectations for all children
- Create a print-rich environment in order for children to learn about books, literature and writing.
- Encourage creativity through art, music, dramatic play and blocks.
- Provide a reasonable balance between teacher-directed and child-directed activities.
- Provide opportunities for both active and quiet play.
- Integrate GSI resources (including Enrichment Programs) into lesson plans.
Support each child's social and emotional development and provide positive guidance.
- Understand and adhere to the GSI Behavior Policy
- Plan and implement activities to develop children's self-esteem and social skills.
- Plan and implement activities to enable children's feeling of security.
- Encourage empathetic and respectful feelings for others, as well as the environment, through positive modeling.
- Respect cultural and ethnic diversity
Establish positive and effective family relations
- Communicate, in a professional manner, with families and faculty
- Encourage families to become an integral part of their children's learning experiences
- Provide opportunities (e.g., conferences) in which families are made to feel a part of their children's learning experiences
- Prepare a Daily Activity Report for each child
- Maintain a portfolio for each child
- Maintain the classroom Parent Board
Ensure an effective program, responsive to children's needs
- Assess supplies and materials needed to implement activities
- Build teamwork
- Develop and post lesson plans
- Manage classrooms according to GSI QA Standards
- Perform child observations and document in their portfolios
- Use assessment tools (eg, Progress Reports, Children's Progress)
Maintain professional commitment
- Promote GSI philosophy and educational objectives
- Support a code of ethical conduct
- Pursue professional development/continuing education
- Attend faculty meetings, in-service days, conferences and professional growth opportunities
- Stay abreast of new developments in early learning curricula; introduce curricula improvements.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Conduct monthly classroom observations
- Keep abreast of research and development in the field of early childhood development
- Maintain a resource library at the School
- Plan/implement professional development programs
- Promote active participation in GSU
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Development or related field
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in early childhood setting; significant curriculum development and staff coaching.
- Strong understanding of child development.
- Ability to work well with others and to foster a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening.
Nice To Haves
- 2 years' experience in a NAECY accredited early childhood setting.
- Member of NAECY.
- Management \ Leadership experience in an early childhood setting.
- 1 week paid vacation in the first year! 2 weeks after 1 year working with our team!
- 6 paid Holidays
- Vision, Dental and Life insurance plans.
- Medical coverage through ACA.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- 2 months of short-term disability insurance
- Employee discount program for travel, electronic purchases, restaurants, and much more!
Salary : $14 to $18/Hr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Cordova, TN