We are looking for teachers with a passion for helping little learners thrive! We follow the Gwinnett County Public Schools calendar, offer vacation and sick pay along with paid holidays, flexible schedules and free tuition for staff children.
To assist the lead teacher in the following goals: provide a safe and fun setting for preschoolers while they are at GSPS, promoting their physical, social, emotional, cognitive and spiritual development.
- Prep for weekly lesson and work with co-teacher to implement in the classroom.
- Maintain a calm and safe learning environment through developmentally appropriate classroom management techniques.
- Provide constant supervision of children in the classroom.
- Participate in Continuing Education training, monthly staff meetings, and school wide events.
- Clean and disinfect all classroom materials daily. Ensure that end of the day cleaning and organizing duties have been completed.
- Keep the classroom clean and organized in a manner that will support developmentally appropriate play and learning; create and change learning centers as needed.
- Knowledge of child development, theories and practices, and safe and appropriate activities for children
- Experience in a classroom setting preferred.
- Motivation to learn and grow in an educational environment; and be willing to continually increase knowledge in the field of education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Physical ability to lift children (up to 45 lbs.), move quickly in order to respond to children who are very active and may need redirection to insure their safety. Must be able to kneel, stoop and sit on the floor to attend to children's needs.
- Ability to respond appropriately to an emergency or crisis situation, demonstrating a calm, efficient demeanor
- Demonstration of positive personal attributes including respect for others, cultural awareness and sensitivity, flexibility, consistency, fairness and compassion for others.
- Satisfactory clearance of comprehensive national background check.
Nice To Haves
1 year or more experience in Early Childhood education.
Knowledge of Bright From the Start licensing rules.
Current First Aid/CPR certification.
9 paid holidays
Accrued sick leave
Family friendly atmosphere
Salary : $11 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Lilburn, GA