Trinity Learning Center is seeking enthusiastic, patient, kind-hearted and flexible Substitute Teachers, who are passionate about the education of young children(12 months-5 years) and their developmental needs. We are a Christian and Play Based preschool operating from 8:30-2:30 with the possibility of additional hours by working extended care, in the morning and afternoon. Please see our website for additional program details (www.tlcknox.com).
- Substitute Teachers are expected to follow & implement prepared lesson plans provided by classroom teacher.
- Substitute Teachers effectively manage classroom responsibilities per TLC & DHS guidelines.
- Provide a safe and loving environment at all times.
- Report any injuries, accidents, illnesses or concerns to the Administrative Team.
- Demonstrate creativity and organization when working with and teaching children, fill in with developmentally appropriate activities, as needed.
- Perform daily cleaning duties and maintain classroom standards.
- Enjoy working with children(previous experience in a child care center is preferred but not necessary)!
- Complete & clear a full background check and health screening.
- May be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- Able to lift small children.
- Comfortable assisting with bathroom routines, toilet training and diaper changes.
- Work well with others, be a team player.
- Willingness to follow all TLC policies including dress code, team philosophy & punctuality.
- Be familiar with and follow all DHS policies per training orientation.
- Complete required online trainings prior to first day of work.
- Complete continuing education as needed.
Nice To Haves
- Previous experience as a Substitute Teacher
- Flexibility to work any day of the week, M-F
- Flexibility to work morning care(8:00 AM)
- Flexibility to work through after care(ending at 3:15 PM)
- Infant/Child & CPR certified
- Flexible daytime hours(8:30-2:30)
- Work when it's convenient for you!
- No weekends or holidays (We follow the Knox County Schools calendar).
- On the job training
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Work in a positive environment helping young children.
At TLC, through play-based learning our teachers work to help children develop as a whole person; intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. We provide a loving, Christian environment where children can grow through praise and encouragement. We believe that each child has a natural curiosity and desire to learn. By making learning fun, we will develop a love for learning that children can take with them throughout their educational lives.
Salary : $12 to $12/Hr
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Knoxville, TN