The First Baptist Pre-K Academy located at First Baptist Church 290 East Winchester Gallatin, TN is seeking an energetic, experienced preschool teacher to join our growing school. In this position, you will be responsible for the early education needs of our students. You must have a background in early childhood developmental education and able to plan developmentally appropriate and inquiry-based lessons to teach children through a variety of learning exercises.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Attend to children's basic needs.
- Teach basic skills, such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
The candidate must have at least three years of working experience in a daycare center and an Associate or Bachelor's Degree in early childhood education from an accredited college.
Nice To Haves
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 3 Yrs
Location : Gallatin, TN