We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic people to work with our after school program. The after school staff engages our students with planned activities, sports & games, and also provides homework assistance. This position follows the Gwinnett County Public Schools calendar, August-May and is Monday-Friday.
- Greet students as they arrive
- Prep after school snacks, with an awareness of any food allergies in the class
- Plan & facilitate outdoor activities, weather permitting
- Assist with homework
- Greet parents at pickup
- Clean materials and classroom for the next day
- Follow all health and safety protocols, as required by Bright From the Start
- Knowledge of child development, theories and practices, and safe and appropriate activities for children
- Experience in a classroom setting preferred.
- Motivation to learn and grow in an educational environment; and be willing to continually increase knowledge in the field of education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Physical ability to lift children (up to 45 lbs.), move quickly in order to respond to children who are very active and may need redirection to insure their safety. Must be able to kneel, stoop and sit on the floor to attend to children's needs.
- Ability to respond appropriately to an emergency or crisis situation, demonstrating a calm, efficient demeanor
- Demonstration of positive personal attributes including respect for others, cultural awareness and sensitivity, flexibility, consistency, fairness and compassion for others.
- Satisfactory clearance of comprehensive national background check.
Nice To Haves
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Team sports experience
- Paid vacation
- Accrued sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Flexible schedules
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Lilburn, GA