Are you passionate about working with our youngest children?
Are you looking to be a positive member of a teaching team?
Do you need flexible hours?
Apply now for an Assistant Teacher position at Savannah's preschool of excellence, JEA Preschool Savannah.
The Assistant Teacher supports the lead teachers by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the assistant teacher observes and documents children's interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Assistant teachers are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher. This position will begin upon a satisfactory comprehensive background check.
- Assist in the implementation of activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all preschool policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Passion for working with young children
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must clear full background check from Bright from the Start
Nice To Haves
- Paid Time Off
- Single membership to the JEA's fitness facility including fitness center, indoor and outdoor pool
- Professional development trainings including onsite CPR/First Aid classes
- Celebrations of birthdays and special life cycle events
- Monthly lunches for all teachers
- Wellness Wednesdays including free yoga classes, fitness challenge competitions, chair massages
Salary : $13 to $14/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Savannah, GA