We are seeking a pastime assist teacher for our toddler. Scheduled hours will be from 10 - 30 depending on need. A qualified candidate will be dependable and have had child care experience outside of personal family care for the ages they are applying, and experience in respectful care practices. Candidates must be ready to be an active and compassionate advocate for children's rights in their learning environment. Candidates are team players and have tenacity to find solutions to challenges that may present in a classroom environment. The right candidate will be a valuable part of our teacher collaborative.
Classroom ratios are:
Preschool/Pre-K class 1:8 minimum to 1:12 maximum
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Lead teachers will utilize school curriculum standards and developing lesson plans
- Assistant teacher will be responsible for supporting school curriculum and lead teachers
- Assesses each child's academic and behavioral development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with curriculum and programming.
- Provides clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in Employee Handbook
- Curriculum planning
- Family support and communication / interaction
- Collect child documentation and provide child assessments
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
- College class work in early childhood education, child development or related area or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
- Proof of up-to-date Covid-19 vaccination is required.
Nice To Haves
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience in a Reggio-Inspired program
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed or license-exempt early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- 2 or 4-year degree in early childhood education or related field preferred, but not required
Although highly desired, candidates do not need to have prior experience in RIE or Reggio Emilia Philosophy in a professional childcare setting.
Paid holidays and Bonuses after 1 year of active employment
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Part Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Kansas City, MO