Oak Leaf School is an innovative, Reggio-Inspired, early childhood education program for children 6-weeks to 12 years of age. We are actively recruiting energetic, fun and loving educators for our program in Fayetteville, GA. We are seeking experienced educators for our one and two year old classrooms who can passionately support young children's play, inquiry, exploration, creativity and critical thinking for our program. We have low staff-to-child ratios to provide an opportunity to develop a nurturing relationship with our students. We are also seeking floaters and substitutes. To express your interest, please send a cover letter and resume.
- Ensure that classroom environment and procedures meet BFTS and QR standards
- Model developmentally appropriate and professional early childhood teaching practices and set a positive, fun and collaborative tone for the classroom
- Communicate effectively and openly with parents, administration and colleagues and develop mutually supportive relationships
- Provide nurturing, sensitive and individualized care to children and create an inviting classroom environment (i.e. supporting family style eating, keeping the classroom clean and organized)
- Create an effective environment for learning through daily provocations, invitations and intentional presentation of materials
- Collaborate with classroom team to develop large and small group investigations arising out of thoughtful reflection of children's interest and promote opportunities for creative thinking, skill-building, playful experiences, and meaningful relationships
- Advocate for the learning, theories and ideas of young children and yourself as a teacher through documentation, display and presentation in daily photo posts, a weekly blog and in children's portfolios
- Support and model positive guidance techniques
- Participate in reflective supervision and incorporate feedback into teaching practice
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of child development and developmentally appropriate practice, and take initiative to seek out professional articles and training opportunities to build on knowledge
- Participate in all school activities, including professional development, staff meetings and events, social events, special projects, field trips, and class celebrations
- Practice safe driving practices to transport students to and from schools (if applicable)
- Criminal Background Check
- CPR/First Aid certified.
- Familiarity with an emergent curriculum and relationship-based early childhood programs is desired.
- A CDA/TCC permitted with a commitment to securing continuing education related to employment at Oak Leaf School is required.
- Experience working with toddlers (13 months-35 months) in a child care setting is required.
Nice To Haves
*Fun work environment
*Paid days off
Salary : $12 to $14/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Fayetteville, GA