Compass Academy seeks a loving, reliable Pre-K lead teacher in our Early Childhood Program. Teachers will assist in providing quality and comprehensive early child development skills, preparing kids for Kg while maintaining a healthy, clean environment. This is a full-time position.
* Leading and directing instructions to a group of children.
* Supervise playground activities, breakfast, lunch, snack breaks, bathroom breaks, and rest time.
* Help children with cognitive skill development activities.
* Plan age-appropriate lesson plans and prepare educational materials. This may include but is not limited to finger-plays, songs, bulletin boards, flannel boards, etc.
* Be actively involved with the children in the room. This includes, but is not limited to reading stories, playing games, singing, cuddling, role-playing, etc.
* Clean after breakfast, lunch, snack, bathroom breaks, and classroom activities. This may include, but is not limited to, washing the dishes and/or toys, and cleaning the kitchen.
* Help maintain the school's building and grounds.
* Assist in the preparation and serving of meals and snacks.
* Relay communication between the parents, other members of staff and director.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Participates in an orientation program
* Completes the appropriate number of in-service hours each year.
* Attends staff meetings, training sessions, or other events, such as Family Night and the Christmas Program, as required.
* Maintains a neat and clean physical appearance.
* Is able to move quickly enough to supervise children safely.
* Is able to lift and carry children (maximum of 40 pounds).
* Is able to provide an appropriate speech model while interacting with both children and parents.
* Must adhere to the center's Behavior Guidance policies at all times.
Child Development Associates credential (CDA) is preferred, or a High School Diploma/GED and enrolled in a program leading to a Child Development Associates credential to be completed within one year, or be enrolled in a program leading to an Associate's Degree or Baccalaureate Degree in Early Childhood Education. Should have experience with infants and pre-schoolers.
Fully Vaccinated for Covid-19