Retail hardware sales associate is responsible for providing the consumer with an exceptional experience within a local, independent business that shapes our community. Sales associate is to be upbeat, work well with the team, serve our customers and report directly to the store manager. This is a 40-hour per week full-time position
- Greet customers and identify the customer's needs and wants
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment, exchanges, and security practices
- Demonstrate ability to process customer order start to finish in point of sale system
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers
- Estimate quantity and cost of merchandise required, such as paint or floor covering
- Honesty and high attention to detail
- Above average business level of written and oral communications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced manner
- Perform basic mathematical calculations
- Positive energy and team cohesion
Nice To Haves
- Retail sales experience
- Construction or hardware background
- Miller Hardware Company offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), & paid time off
- Miller Hardware Company is an equal opportunity employer & drug free workplace
- Positive work environment - with room to grow your career
Miller Hardware Company has been serving the people and communities of South Georgia and North Florida since 1908. Miller Hardware Company has evolved into one of the largest independent hardware companies in South Georgia.
As a fourth generation family business, Miller Hardware Company continues to carry forward its reputable customer service through three distinct divisions.
Our Purpose - be a preferred place to work, a reliable place to shop, an example within our community.
Our Mission - to provide our employees with an honest and respectful working environment, where every individual can dedicate themselves to providing our customers with exceptional service.
Salary : $10.50 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Retail
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Valdosta, GA