Peachtree Prep is looking for talented teachers for our private school:
We are part of a PreK through 12th grade College Preparatory School that hires talented teachers who have at least 2 years of experience through field placement or work. Our ideal environment let's you teach and build relationships with students and their families. Enthusiastic teachers with a love for teaching who want their students to grow in skill level with parent support should apply.
Join our team of professionals who are able to use their God given talents to teach and make a difference in their students' lives.
- Create lesson plans that make learning fun and follows the interests of the children in your class.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health
- Prepare materials and the classroom for class activities.
- Instruct students individually and in small groups.
- Meet with parents and/or guardians to discuss their children's progress and to determine priorities for their children and their resource needs.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Organize and label materials and display students' work.
- Involve parent volunteers in children's activities to facilitate involvement
- Select classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Teach weekly thematic units to students and engage them with new information
- Pray with students at meal time
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
- Google docs experience
- Laptop/tablet experience
- Procare experience
- Flexablity with schedule
- Classroom management skills
Professional work environment
401K match up to 4% of your salary
We pay into Social Security
Paid days off
Health care for full time employees.
One year minimum commitment - come and grow with our school
Our school is a State of the Art Private PreK through 12th grade private school. We are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools / Advanc-ED and we strive to challenge our students each and every day. Students utilize a state of the art computer lab and library for learning enhancement. Our students compete in a variety of academic events including Math Olympics, Creative Writing, Spelling Bees, Speech Meets, Science Fairs and over 17 different sports teams. At Peachtree Academy, we expect our students to be well-rounded and encourage them to participate in extra-curricular activities (soccer, baseball, language classes, chess, drama, music, and dance).
The early childhood division of the school bases its academic program on a weekly unit of study for academic advancement. Teachers use lesson plans to guide the delivery of information and address individual issues of advanced skill levels or areas of improvement that are needed. Parents may supplement curriculum by bringing in books, materials, or ideas related to the theme for the benefit of the class.
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Conyers, GA