The Teacher is responsible for coordinating the curriculum and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive, and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain accurate records, forms, and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Minimum 1 year professional childcare experience with 2-3 year olds.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- CPR (Willing to obtain)
Nice To Haves
- Minimum of 1 year of professional childcare experience.
- Degree in ECE
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Pay based on experience and education.
- This job has significant growth potential for the right candidate. Someone looking for a future as a professional childcare educator.
- 52 hours per year PTO.
- 8 Paid holidays plus 1 week paid at Christmas, And 1 week paid July 4th week.
- Employee Discount on childcare.
- attendance bonus program for 48 additional hours of PTO per year.
- 4 day work week.
Salary : $9 to $11/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Lafayette, TN