Provide a safe, nurturing, educational environment for the children.
- Classroom Management
- Create and maintain safe and healthy learning environments for children with appropriate arrangement of materials, space, and supplies.
- Manage a classroom of children including transition times that encourages a child’s learning through discovery, curiosity, creativity, and a healthy self-concept that leads to school readiness..
- Understand and implement quality curriculum components (Literacy, Social-emotional, Health, Family Partnerships, Assessment, Professional Development, STARS/National Accreditation, Arts)
- Plan and implement the quality curriculum in a manner that supports the intellectual, social-emotional, physical and language development of each child enrolled in his or her classroom.
- Complete lesson plans that incorporate the Kentucky Early Childhood Standards in a timely manner.
- Utilize assessment information on children to implement learning plans to advance a child’s development.
- Complete tasks assigned in a timely manner to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
- Utilize best practices and positive discipline techniques with children.
Internal and External Collaboration
- Be familiar with and abide by Children, Inc.’s Vision, Mission, and Beliefs.
- Be familiar with and abide by Children, Inc.’s Code of Ethics.
- Uphold all standards and policies set forth by Children, Inc.
- Maintain confidential information about the program, families, children, staff and the agency at all times.
- Maintain and demonstrate professionalism in the workplace and in the community.
- Show initiative for continued professional growth and skills development.
- Maintain positive relationships with children, families and co-workers.
- Model the attributes of acceptance of diversity, nurturing behavior, cooperation, respect, and responsiveness.
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Responsible for obtaining required training hours and maintaining educational credentials.
- Knowledge of and agreement to abide by state licensing mandates.
- Report for assigned work hours on time and prepared for assigned responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, speak, and write English
- CDA or greater (Montessori Certification, Associate/Bachelor/Master Degree with child development classes)
- Prior experience working with young children commensurate to responsibilities
- Six hour State Approved Orientation for Child Care Providers or within 90 days of employment
- Compliance with Licensing requirement for TB testing
- No physical or mental/emotional limitations that would prevent the implementation of caring for and safe- keeping of infants through school age children
Nice To Haves
Associate's or Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education.
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 3 weeks PTO, 403b (retirement)
Children, Inc., a United Way Agency Partner, is a highly rated nonprofit provider in child care, family support, and school age services in Greater Cincinnati. Children, Inc. services span prenatally through college and career. Our multi-generational approach to fighting poverty our community as well as our work in advocacy, training, and research builds a strong foundation for success for over 3,000 children and families in our region every year.
VISION STATEMENT: All families and children have what they need to do well and be well.
MISSION STATEMENT: We provide innovative programs to grow knowledge, skills, and strengths that allow families, children, and communities to flourish.
- Families, children and communities we provide:
- Outcomes in early care and education that insure school readiness and future academic achievement
- Effective cradle to career supports that encourage a growth mindset
- Family-centered supports that give caring adults the confidence and competence to do the best for children
- For practitioners around the world we provide:
- Research-based tools and strategies that are tested, scalable and sustainable
- Professional development that advances the professionalism and effectiveness of teachers
- Advocacy network that promotes public policies that support families and children
Early Childhood Jobs KY is a part of Kentucky Shared Services, brought to you by Community Coordinated Child Care (4-C).
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Covington, KY