Hiring an experienced Bike Technician. A passion for cycling, knowledge of bicycle mechanics and bicycle parts, and a proactive and problem solving attitude are qualities at the top of our list!
In this job you will
- Perform a variety of service functions on new and used bikes.
- Assemble and prepare bikes for sale.
- Provide one of a kind customer service through direct and detailed interaction with customers.
- Problem solver
Repair experience preferred. Riders and enthusiasts preferred. Open to age 18 and over.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Apply shop standards in the assembly and repair of bikes across the full product line.
- Evaluate the mechanical condition of the product and estimate the cost of repairs.
- Provide an educated assessment for a bicycle repair for the customer that includes an estimated completion date.
- Meet or exceed shop production standards.
- Complete paperwork accurately and fully (record parts used work performed detail of torque tolerance and standard procedures; complete pricing of job ticket) and process to next status or location.
- Record and report any deficiencies not addressed by the repair work being done to the customer and or the appropriate leader.
- Assist customer in the sale or repair process by sharing product and technical knowledge as appropriate.
- Operate cash register as necessary.
- Maintain shop cleanliness including bench and common workspace.
- Install and adjust speed and gear mechanisms.
- Assemble new bicycles.
- Install, repair, and replace equipment or accessories, such as handlebars, stands, lights, and seats.
- Align wheels.
- Disassemble axles to repair, adjust, and replace defective parts, using hand tools.
- Install and adjust brakes and brake pads.
- Install new tires and tubes.
- Clean and lubricate bicycle parts.
- Order bicycle parts.
- Explain technical product or service information to customers.
- Sell products or services.
- Other duties as needed/ assigned.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Preferred Minimum 2 years experience working as a technician/ mechanic in a bike shop.
- Previous bike assembly experience or equivalent preferred
- Interest in working in a team environment committed to providing excellent sales and service experience while increasing sales through service
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain open and positive relations with employees and customers
- Interest in developing own skills and knowledge
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to periodically lift 50 pounds
Nice To Haves
Preferred candidates will have knowledge and experience in any or all of the following systems and tools:
A competitive benefits package including store discount and flexible scheduling is available to all associates. Medical coverage provided to full time staff after 90 days.
Old Town Bicycle has established itself as "The shop to go to" in the South Puget Sound area. Why? People tell us "Because no shop in our area compares to Old Town".
People from as far away as New York have purchased bikes at our stores. The reason? "Because no shop in our area compares to Old Town".
Come in and experience a retail revolution for yourself.
- Friendly staff without attitudes.
- Great parts selection. (All items are hand picked by our professional buyers.)
- Prices that are competitive with mail order. Plus we match prices as well.
- Special orders are welcome.
- Six times voted as a Top 100 Bicycle Retailer in the USA.
- Top 50 in the USA for Specialized Bicycle and Cannondale Bicycle companies.
Salary : $14 to $20/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Retail
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Tacoma, WA