Hiring an experienced Retail Sales Associate. You will help every customer by discovering their needs and finding the products and services that gives them the best cycling experience possible. You will have a focus on exceeding customer expectations and sales goals. All in a fun, welcoming, and fast paced environment! A passion for cycling, knowledge of bicycles, and a proactive and positive attitude are qualities at the top of our list!
In this job you will
- Interact with customers and provide exceptional customer service; educate customers about bicycles, bicycle accessories and clothing, and any other cycling-related products or services in the store.
- Assist in the daily operations of the store, including restocking, cleaning, organizing and merchandising.
- Provide one of a kind customer service through direct and detailed interaction with customers.
- Problem solver
Bicycle sales experience preferred. Riders and enthusiasts preferred. Open to age 18 and over and levels of experience.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet customers and utilize the sales process to understand a customer's needs and ascertain the right combination of products and services for the customer.
- Provide positive and excited one of a kind customer service.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Merchandise product according to sales plan.
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise.
- Maintain level of cleanliness throughout the day.
- Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Prepare merchandise for purchase.
- Sell or arrange for insurance, financing, or service contracts for merchandise
- Other duties as needed/ assigned.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Minimum 1 year experience preferred working as a retail sales associate.
- Previous bike shop sales experience preferred.
- Interest in working in a team environment committed to providing excellent sales and service experience while increasing sales through service
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to have fun
- Ability to maintain open and positive relations with employees and customers
- Interest in developing own skills and knowledge
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to periodically lift 40 pounds
Nice To Haves
Preferred candidates will have knowledge and experience in any or all of the following systems and tools:
- Barcode scanners
- Cash registers
- Desktop computers
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Word
- Point of sale POS software
A competitive benefits package including store discount and flexible scheduling is available to all associates. We offer full time associated health care coverage after 90 days.
Old Town Bicycle has established itself as "The shop to go to" in the South Puget Sound area. Why? People tell us "Because no shop in our area compares to Old Town".
People from as far away as New York have purchased bikes at our stores. The reason? "Because no shop in our area compares to Old Town".
Come in and experience a retail revolution for yourself.
- Friendly staff without attitudes.
- Great parts selection. (All items are hand picked by our professional buyers.)
- Prices that are competitive with mail order. Plus we match prices as well.
- Special orders are welcome.
- Six times voted as a Top 100 Bicycle Retailer in the USA.
- Top 50 in the USA for Specialized Bicycle and Cannondale Bicycle companies.
Salary : $13 to $18/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Retail
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Olympia, WA