The Teacher is responsible for contributing positively to the current teaching team, coordinating the curriculum with CoTeacher, and assisting with the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
· Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
· Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
· Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
· Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
· Ensure all center policies, as well as federal and state regulations are met.
· Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
· Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
· Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
· Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
· Minimum of 1 years of professional childcare experience.
· High energy.
· Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
· Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
· A strong understanding of child development.
· Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
· Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
· Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
· Must be able to constantly move with the children.
· Stand for long periods of time.
· Lift up to 45 lbs.
· Be able to get up and down from low areas frequently throughout the day.
Knowledge of Creative Curriculum and/or High Scope Curriculum
Opportunity for Supplemental Insurances
Harvest Pointe Child Development Center (HPCDC) focuses on developing the entire being of each child. We believe that a loving foundation will encourage children to have a sense of hope and set them in the right direction toward future endeavors.
Prior to being independent, a child must know that he or she can depend on adults and a predictable environment. Each child's safety and security is a primary focus of HPCDC. Children are treated with respect and kindness. We recognize that children develop at different rates and have different interest. Small group size and appropriate teacher-child ratios allow for meeting the individual needs of each child.
Learning and playing are not limited to the classrooms. Children of all ages participate in the outdoor environment each day.
Our aim is that we will build a strong working relationship with each parent for the advancement of each child.