*For consideration, please apply directly on our site at https://www.kmymca.org/careers*
Under the direction of the Child Care Director/Regional Child Care Site Director, the Site Director is responsible for the supervision and implementation of the center programs.
- Follows the DCF Wisconsin Licensing Rules for Group Child Care Centers and the Kettle Moraine YMCA Child Care Policies.
- Works with the supervisor for hiring, onboarding, developing, counseling and termination of staff.
- Schedules and monitors staff (staff/child ratios), continuing education, conducts staff meetings and performs staff reviews.
- Assists in curriculum planning (including field trips) and delegates appropriately to teachers.
- Takes on the role of teacher as needed.
- Maintains all required paperwork for the program including but not limited to: staff/volunteer records, child records, DCF, Human Services requirements and Youngstar.
- Markets the program and monitors the intake of new enrollment.
- Maintains a safe, nurturing and orderly environment meeting all rules and regulations.
- Problem solves issues, concerns, incidents and reports to supervisor with possible solutions.
- Greets and communicates with parents, keeps all interactions positive and is sensitive to the feelings of children and parents. Schedules bi-annual conferences and quarterly parent committee meetings.
- Participates in approved continuing education to maintain certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum age of 21 years old.
2. Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood or related field.
3. Must meet Wisconsin Registry Level 12 and qualifications for Center Director.
4. 2 years experience in Early Childhood/Child Care preferred.
5. 1-year experience in a supervisory role preferred.
6. Ability to appropriately interact with children at their cognitive level.
7. CPR/AED (infant, child, adult) and Shaken baby syndrome certification preferred; required within 6 months of hire.
8. Must pass fingerprint check.
9. Must complete a health physical and TB test within 30 days of hire.
- The ability to lift 40 lbs.
- The ability to participate in required physical activities with the children.
We offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that includes paid holidays, generous PTO, 2 health plan options, dental, vision, life insurance , short term and long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan, 12% fully paid retirement plan (when eligible), a FREE family membership., and other program discounts! We also support professional development through Leadership Certifications and tuition reimbursement (when applicable).
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : West Bend, WI