The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central and Northern NH is a dynamic organization that currently supports 200 staff working in 30 Early Childhood and Out of School Time programs with a large geographic footprint. Are you motivated to make a difference in the lives of children? Do you have the skills and dedication to support our team at the Boys & Girls Club? If so, we invite you to apply ASAP. We're temporarily offering a $500 sign-on bonus!
If you're looking to find fulfilling, meaningful work and the chance to make a positive impact on the lives of children as a capable and caring mentor, look no further. Of course, passion for your profession won't pay the bills -- we get that! -- which is why we offer competitive compensation and benefits. We care about your professional development and offer perks like tuition reimbursement and individualized career plans.
The Branch Director is responsible for the overall daily operations of a branch, including facility management, with the primary concern for a comprehensive, safe, outcome-driven quality program and service delivery to Club members. Ongoing supervision, coaching, and other staff support are keystone for this role.
This is a full-time, salaried position.
1. Establishes Branch programs, activities, and services that prepare youth for success and create an outcome-driven Club experience.
2. Promotes and stimulates program participation; registers new members and participates in their club orientation process; - provides guidance and role modeling to members.
3. Ensures that all childcare licensing requirements per the NH Childcare Licensing Bureau are implemented.
4. Ensures a healthy, safe environment, with well-maintained facilities, equipment, and supplies.
5. Participates in the grant application process providing ideas for funding programs and other services.
6. Assists with fundraising events and initiatives.
7. Develops and increases the visibility of the Club programs through daily schedule posting, event announcements, and dissemination of information through advertising, flyers, and press releases.
8. Assists in donor development and retention.
Relationships/Partnership Development/Public Relations
9. Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisors to receive/provide information discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
10. Maintains professional contact with community members, community leaders and organizations, Club parents, and others to assist in resolving situations and in order to develop and maintain partnerships.
11. Develops and maintains public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services, and activities within the Club and the community.
Management & Administration
12. Evaluate and report on the Branch programs and progress.
13. Spearheads recruitment, retention, and public outreach efforts for partners, volunteers, members, and parents.
14. Reports on grants as needed.
15. Ensures administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including the use of facilities by outside groups.
16. Effectively manages a budget; controls expenditures against budget.
17. Assists in delivering Finance Department communications to the parents in regard to collections and/or other questions/concerns.
18. Compiles regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance, and participation.
19. Recruits, manages and provides career development opportunities for branch staff and volunteers.
20. Conducts regular staff meetings.
1. Purchases or approves purchase of supplies and equipment.
2. Works with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
3. Exercises authority in problems relating to members; utilizes guidance and discipline plan.
4. Required to drive Club van/short bus occasionally.
5. Must possess a safe driving record and submit a copy of such record.
6. Required to obtain Food Safety certification.
7. Required to assist with cleaning and organizing the Club when needed.
8. Occasional travel for meetings/training, etc. may be required.
9. Assumes other duties as assigned.
-Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
-Preferably a minimum of two years of work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization with planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
-Must be 21 years of age or older.
-Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
-Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
-Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff.
-Ability to deal effectively with members including disciplinary problems.
-Working knowledge of budget preparation, control, and management.
-Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents, and community leaders.
-Must obtain CPR and First Aid Certifications in order to meet Bureau of Childcare licensing requirements.
-Occasional travel for meetings/training, etc. may be required.
-All of the candidates that are offered a job with the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central New Hampshire will have to submit for an FBI fingerprint background check and submit to a background check through the State of NH Criminal Records Dept. and FirstAdvantage. Note: The State of NH Childcare Licensing Bureau may prohibit you from being employed by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central New Hampshire should there be a disqualifying finding on your criminal record. In addition, even if the State of NH reviews your records and allows you to work at the Club, we still reserve the right to determine your employment status.
•This organization has a zero-tolerance policy for abuse and will not tolerate mistreatment or abuse in its programs. Any mistreatment or abuse by an employee will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment and cooperation with law enforcement.
Please visit www.nhyouth.org to learn more about the organization.
We offer an extensive benefits package. Benefits include:
Retirement (403B) Contribution
Paid Time Off
Professional Development Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement
Child Care Program
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
This job description is subject to change at the discretion of the Executive Director, Board, or organizational needs.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central and Northern New Hampshire provides early learning, after-school programs, summer day camps, and basketball leagues to 2500 youth throughout the central and northern New Hampshire. Our mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who most need us, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens. We offer a safe place to belong, caring adult mentors and programs covering everything from academics and leadership development to physical fitness and healthy habits.