Hiring an experienced Bike Technician. A passion for cycling, knowledge of bicycle mechanics and bicycle parts, and a proactive and problem solving attitude are qualities at the top of our list!
In this job you will
- Assemble and prepare bikes for sale.
- Perform a variety of service functions on new and used bikes.
- Provide one of a kind customer service through direct and detailed interaction with customers.
- Sell bikes and gear one on one to cyclists
- Problem solver
Repair experience preferred. Riders and enthusiasts preferred. Open to all ages and levels of experience.
Our Mission Statement
Bikes are exciting, powerful and efficient green machines. Nothing excites us more than helping cyclists find the right bike the right gear or service for the best ride. A balance bike and helmet for your toddler a gravel bike and bike packing gear for you and your friends or tuning up a favorite bike that is full of memorable rides. We aim to remove both physical and non physical barriers that keep you from the best cycling experience possible.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Apply shop standards in the assembly and repair of bikes and skis across the full product line.
- Evaluate the mechanical condition of the product and estimate the cost of repairs.
- Provide an educated assessment for a bicycle repair for the customer that includes an estimated completion date.
- Meet or exceed shop production standards.
- Complete paperwork accurately and fully (record parts used work performed detail of torque tolerance and standard procedures; complete pricing of job ticket) and process to next status or location.
- Record and report any deficiencies not addressed by the repair work being done to the customer and or the appropriate leader.
- Assist customer in the sale or repair process by sharing product and technical knowledge as appropriate.
- Operate cash register as necessary.
- Report or record replacement parts inventory and supply shortages to the General Manager. Maintain shop cleanliness including bench and common work-space.
- Install and adjust speed and gear mechanisms.
- Assemble new bicycles.
- Install, repair, and replace equipment or accessories, such as handlebars, stands, lights, and seats.
- Align wheels.
- Hub repair
- Install and adjust brakes and brake pads.
- Help customers select bicycles that fit their body sizes and intended bicycle uses.
- Sell bicycles and accessories.
- Install new tires and tubes.
- Clean and lubricate bicycle parts.
- Order bicycle parts.
- Wheel building
- Explain technical product or service information to customers.
- Sell products or services.
- Install vehicle parts or accessories.
- Perform basic equipment maintenance.
- Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Other duties as needed/ assigned.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Minimum 2 years experience preferred working as a technician/ mechanic in a bike shop.
- Previous bike assembly experience or equivalent preferred
- Interest in working in a team environment committed to providing excellent sales and service experience while increasing sales through service
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain open and positive relations with employees and customers
- Interest in developing own skills and knowledge
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to periodically lift 40 pounds
Nice To Haves
Preferred candidates will have knowledge and experience in any or all of the following systems and tools:
- General PC Knowledge
- General Point of Sale knowledge and experience
- General Google Suite Knowledge
- Ascend POS
A competitive benefits package including store discount and flexible scheduling is available to all associates.
Salary : $15 to $20/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Retail
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Brookings, SD