Cooks must be able to read, write, and implement proper measurements. Cooks must be trained and understand the policies and procedures for health department guidelines, and CACFP and center policies. This person must be able to inventory stock weekly and monthly. Proper health and sanitization must be implemented at all times. Food must be properly stocked, stored, and labeled. Cook must be able to make monthly menus that meet all components of the CACFP. Cook will provide meals for Breakfast, Lunch and snack.
- Plan and prepare meals that meet proper nutritional guidelines
- Ensure food is stored and handled properly
- Thoroughly sanitize kitchen and all equipment
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents).
- Basic math skills for measuring and portioning.
- Must clear full background check.
- Pass a health screening
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be at least 18 years old
Nice To Haves
- Professional childcare experience
- Cooking experience
- Relaxed environment
- Competitive Pay
- Vacation pay
- Holiday pay
- No weekends
Pay is based on education and experience
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Shelbyville, TN