Hiring an experienced Bike Technician. A passion for cycling, knowledge of bicycle mechanics and bicycle parts, and a proactive and problem solving attitude are qualities at the top of our list!
In this job you will
- Assemble and prepare bikes for sale.
- Perform a variety of service functions on new and used bikes.
- Provide one of a kind customer service through direct and detailed interaction with customers.
- Problem solver
Repair experience preferred. Riders and enthusiasts preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and repair customer bikes following Gorham Bike and Ski standards.
- Complete service tickets on time and meet customer deadlines.
- Take notes for all work done during repairs and update service management software.
- Navigate vendor B2B websites (ex. QBP, Trek, Giant) to prepare accurate quotes and build parts orders.
- Keep bench and the workshop clean.
- Keep up to date with newest trends and standards in the bike industry.
- Maintain rental and demo fleet.
- Be customer service oriented and personable as you are the face of Gorham Bike and Ski.
- Assist customers with bicycle sales, accessories, tools, clothing and race/tour preparation.
- Strive to achieve monthly service goals.
- Other duties as needed/ assigned.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience working in a bike shop.
- Must be able to manage his or her own time and prioritize workflow.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to problem solve and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to exhibit excellent customer service.
- Must have excellent work attendance and the ability to be on time.
- Must have very strong attention to detail.
- Must have extensive current knowledge of a wide variety of bikes, accessories and parts.
- Must be able to perform all work up to Gorham Bike and Ski standards.
A competitive benefits package including health benefits is available.
Salary : $11 to $16/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Retail
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Portland, ME