We are searching for a nurturing toddler teacher to ensure that the basic and educational needs of our students are met. As a toddler teacher, you will be required to prepare and deliver classroom activities, communicate with staff and parents, and ensure that the learning environment remains safe at all times. You should also be an excellent role model for our students.
To be successful as a toddler teacher, you should be creative, energetic, and able to encourage self-expression. Top candidates will possess a thorough understanding of early childhood development.
- Planning and delivering lessons designed to facilitate students' social, emotional, and cognitive development.
- Encouraging self-expression through understanding, flexibility, and behavioral reinforcement.
- Tending to students' basic needs by feeding and dressing them.
- The mediating conflict between students.
- Modeling appropriate behaviors, even when not on duty.
- Ensuring that the classroom remains safe and conducive to learning at all times.
- Liaising with families to gain insight into students' home lives.
- Tracking and informing parents of students' progress.
- Attending parent and staff meetings.
- Oversee the classroom operation and ordering of supplies within the classroom budget.
- Thinking on their feet and responding to each child's needs efficiently.
- Displaying a patient and calm personality coupled with a loving approach to every child.
- Contributing positively to the behavior and social interaction of the children.
- Building secure relationships with the children.
- Keeping a record of the day's events on ProCare.
- Reporting accidents, illness, and unusual behavior of children to the director and parents.
- Ensuring close communication with parents throughout the day should the need arise.
- Support children with special or individual needs
- Notify the director and parents about potential issues
- Keeping classroom clean and organized
- Protect the privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to families, children, team members, administration, and Board of Directors
- Build positive relationships and communicate in a respectful manner with families, children, team members, administration, Board of Directors, and the communities in which we serve
- Responsible to keep informed of ongoing program changes and updates
- Adheres to Tiny Tots Policies and Procedures
- Adheres to DCYF licensing standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 12 ECE credit hours or a willingness to get them.
- Background check
- Prior experience working with young children, preferably within a similar setting.
- First Aid, CPR, and Bloodborne Pathogens training within one month of hire.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Warm, approachable disposition.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work during evenings and on weekends, as required.
- A passion for early childhood development.
Nice To Haves
- AA, in early childhood education, is preferred.
- Bilingual in any language.
Paid school breaks
Established in 1969, Tiny Tots Development Center provides child care services, preschool, and early childhood education in a nurturing environment. We are here to serve the diverse community of Rainier Valley and Greater Seattle area.
Salary : $18.50 to $26/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Seattle, WA