We are looking for an experienced childcare aid to be responsible for providing assistance to the childcare teacher at a school. The childcare aid will work closely with the childcare teacher in conducting daily duties such as preparing and serving meals, changing diapers, writing daily reports, recording attendance, engaging in play, assisting to put children to sleep, and creating a safe environment.
To be successful as a childcare assistant, you must possess a passion for children and exercise patience with them. You should display a friendly and positive attitude and greet parents and children by their names. Ultimately, you should constantly monitor and supervise the children in your care to ensure their safety.
- Providing support for the childcare teacher.
- Monitoring and supervising the children constantly.
- Assisting the childcare teacher in maintaining a safe and positive environment.
- Cultivating relationships with children, parents, and guardians.
- Alerting the childcare teacher to emergencies.
- Preparing and serving meals and snacks.
- Greeting parents and addressing children by their names.
- Adhering to procedures in preparing a bottle or changing a diaper.
- Assisting with sand, water, or playground activities.
- Assisting in putting children to sleep.
- Thinking on their feet and responding to each child's needs efficiently.
- Displaying a patient and calm personality coupled with a loving approach to every child.
- Contributing positively to the behavior and social interaction of the children.
- Building secure relationships with the children.
- Keeping a record of the day's events on ProCare.
- Reporting accidents, illness, and unusual behavior of children to the director and parents.
- Ensuring close communication with parents throughout the day should the need arise.
- Support children with special or individual needs
- Notify the director and parents about potential issues
- Keeping classroom clean and organized
- Protect the privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to families, children, team members, administration, and Board of Directors
- Build positive relationships and communicate in a respectful manner with families, children, team members, administration, Board of Directors, and the communities in which we serve
- Responsible to keep informed of ongoing program changes and updates
- Adheres to Tiny Tots Policies and Procedures
- Adheres to DCYF licensing standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be at least eighteen years of age
- State Background check
- First Aid, CPR, and Bloodborne Pathogens training within one month of hire.
- TB test
- Documentation of MMR vaccine or immunity to measles
- Current food worker card
- Warm, approachable disposition.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attend required training, sometimes after hours.
- A passion for early childhood development.
- Must have a warm and friendly personality,
- Sensitive to the feelings and needs of others,
- Able to relate well to children,
- Willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the Center's program and philosophy.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 70 pounds. In accordance with the ADA and TTDC policy of non-discrimination and the principle of equal opportunity, decisions to hire persons with disabilities will be made on a case-by-case basis within the framework of essential job-related functions.
- Read the staff policy and procedure handbook and sign that you understand its context
- Fill out the required forms to be kept in your personnel file
- Maintain ten hours of annual Stars Training
- Keep Merit account up to date
Nice To Haves
Experience working in a childcare setting
Paid school breaks
Established in 1969, Tiny Tots Development Center provides child care services, preschool, and early childhood education in a nurturing environment. We are here to serve the diverse community of Rainier Valley and Greater Seattle area.
Salary : $18.50 to $21.50/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Seattle, WA