Rainbow Playschool, located in Woodstock, Vermont, is a licensed 4 STARS accredited daycare/preschool program that provides young children, ages 6 weeks to kindergarten, with a stimulating, nurturing learning environment. The children are able to grow and thrive emotionally, physically, socially and cognitively.
We are looking for a full-time Teacher to join our teaching team and the Director to create a
caring and safe environment for the children in our new remodeled location at the foot of beautiful Mt Tom just outside of Woodstock village. The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
At “Rainbow” we realize our teachers have chosen to make early childhood education their career. This is a valued and respected position. We have served Woodstock and the surrounding communities of Barnard, Pomfret. South Woodstock, Reading, Hartford, Quechee, Bridgewater, Plymouth for over 30 years. We are proud of our excellent reputation.
Rainbow recognizes devoted teachers are essential to the well-being of our work with children and families. We support our teachers in any way we can to advance and grow. We feel teachers should be fairly compensated for their important work. Please contact us for and interview or questions.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Full - time employees are scheduled to work a 40-hour week
- Willing to complete state required courses including CPR course
- Minimum of 3 References
- Passion for teaching and nurturing young children
- High energy
- Ability to work well with others
- Be an equal member of a teaching team
- Strive for excellence
- Minimum of 1 years of professional child care experience.
- 21- ECD credits are required by the state of Vermont for a Teaching position
- The ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Must clear full background check and finger printing.
Nice To Haves
· a kid- gentle nature
- 50% discount for employee children who attend Rainbow Playschool
- 7 working days in Dec. for winter break, paid time off, prorated to normal working schedule
- 1-week vacation after one year paid - prorated to normal working schedule
- 2-week paid vacation after 24 months' employment - prorated to normal working schedule
- Eligible for overtime
- Flexible to your own family's needs
- Some financial aid or programming for continuing education
- Required continuing education is paid by Rainbow Playschool
Salary: $15 to $16/Hr
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Woodstock, VT