We are currently seeking a full time infant teacher to join our program. Our work is based on the philosophies on RIE and Pikler caregiving practices. Mentoring and training in these practices is available, but at their core is a deep sense of respect for children. If you are comfortable with looking children in the eye, clearly communicating with them, and inviting them to engage in all types of play and caregiving activities, then this might be the job for you!
- Forming respectful and responsive relationships with the children in your care.
- Establishing and maintaing consistent caregiving routines.
- Observing and documenting children's interests, capabilities, and temperments in order to facilitate cognitively stimulation experiences and learning environments.
- Playing outside with children in all types of weather.
- Working with families to support children at school and at home.
- Collaborating with and supporting co-teachers in putting Mountain Village School teaching philosophies into practice.
- Maintaining a minimum of 36 hours of professional development per calendar year.
- Attending monthly staff meetings.
- Keeping an up to date Individual Professional Development Plan.
- Daily written reflections.
Nice To Haves
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Committment to the field of early childhood education
- Love to sing and read!
- Not afraid of getting dirty
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Vision Care discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Funding for professional development and training
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Stowe, VT