Northshire Day School is seeking a Teacher Assistant for our Preschool classrooms.
Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic and have a passion for working with and educating young children, the ability to create a safe and nurturing environment, flexible and work well as part of a team, proficient writing skills, knowledge of early childhood licensing regulations, and familiarity with play-based curriculum. Must be available to work between the hours of 8:00am and 5:30pm. Must be able to work collaboratively with colleagues and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Candidates must have completed Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education or are willing to complete this course in the first six months of employment. Preference will be given to candidates who have an A.A. Degree in Early Childhood Education and experience working with 3-5 year olds.
NDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Teacher Assistant supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the Teacher Assistant observes and documents children’s interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Teacher Assistant are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to school
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional early education experience
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
Nice To Haves
Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education or 21 relevant college credits.
Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays / Snow Days, Childcare Discount, monthly Healthcare contribution, IRA
Salary: $11.81 to $15.14/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Manchester Center, VT