WE ARE OPEN with 4 STARS!!!
Have a favorite age group? Infants, Young Toddlers or Preschool? We are creating a team that wants to work with their desired age groups AND teammates so we have some flexibility with our positions.
Here is your rare opportunity to work for a company that values their staff and is known in their community as being a program of excellence. We are looking for a team player, who wants to grow with our expanding school. Our teachers are the face of our NG community and we strive to provide the best environment not only for our students, but for our staff as well. This is a salaried position, with various benefits. If you are looking to be part of a team, who support each other and have a passion for teaching look no further.
We are looking for a Lead Teacher who love the outdoors and who is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns. This position reports to the Director.
Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- High School Diploma or GED, and significant college credit in early childhood education or related field of study. CDA or 6 hours of ECE credit preferred.
- Associates Degree in early childhood education or at least successful completion of twentyone (21) college credits with an early childhood or school age focus and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception
Nice To Haves
- Minimum of 1 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
Attracting and retaining qualified staff is one of the greatest challenges of early childhood programs. Our staff retention is very important to us.
- Annual salary increase
- FT employees are salary
- We can help you navigate VT Health Connect to get the lowest cost health insurance possible
- Employee discount on childcare
- 40 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) (Hours accrued each pay period)
- 2 weeks paid vacation (Set vacation weeks in July and December)
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Additional vacation time after multiple years of service
- 3 Paid professional development days
- Opportunities to visit other programs for observation or training with expenses covered
- Flexible scheduling- Early and Late shared shifts
- Leadership training provided within the program
- Awards for years of service
- Classroom volunteers who are trained to assist the teachers
- Assistance with professional development and tuition reimbursement navigating free/reduced college courses that apply to ECE
- Can sign up for Aflac coverage such as short term disability, accidental insurance etc.
- Ally Health offered at a low cost
- Discount programs for employees- ***See Teacher Discount Sheet
See what we are up to on FB @georgiasnextgeneration and @nextgenerationnortherncampus
Salary: $32,000 to $38,000/Yr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 2 Yrs
Location: St Albans, VT