Part to Full-time: 25-40 hours/week, year-round
Children's center in Craftsbury, VT seeks a collaborative assistant teacher in our preschool classroom. Duties include daily care and assistance with educational activities for up to 12 children ages 15 months - 5 year. You'll have the support of, other program teachers, and our directors to support a holistic and inspiring program. A strong candidate is excited about guiding children through outdoor learning experiences including gardening and forest exploration.
Craftsbury Saplings is a year-round non-profit committed to high-quality care for our community of toddlers and preschoolers, with learning that values and nourishes each child's innate wisdom. Our program is rooted in community engagement and outdoor learning in our garden, field, and forest. We are inspired by diverse teaching philosophies and a team approach. We support a healthy work life balance! Visit www.craftsburysaplings.org to learn more.
- Daily care routines for children 15 months to 5 years old
- Assist to maintain safe and inviting spaces that inspire creativity, self confidence, & cooperation with peers
- Follow state licensing standards & program policies
- Support child skill development through individual/small group activities - reading, singing, art, self-care etc.
- Supporting daily flow of the indoor and outdoor classrooms
- Assist with daily cleaning routines and food preparation
- Participate in trainings and continued education, as necessary, to maintain and grow in your role
- Be at least 18 years of age with a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have 3 college credits in education or fundamentals of Early Childhood Education or a related field or willing to obtain
- Have 1 year of experience working with children birth to grade 3
- With the support of center resources willing to continue annual Professional Development
- CPR and First Aid Certified, or be willing to obtain
*Saplings will support the right candidate in obtaining the necessary credentials.
Nice To Haves
- Annually $16.00 - $18.00 hour and up to 4 weeks paid time off, 9 paid holidays
- Funding and paid time for continuing education and/or professional development
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Healthy, locally sourced lunches provided for staff
- Free membership to the Craftsbury Outdoor Center with discounted nordic skiing and fitness classes
- Discount to a local Farm Food Share (CSA)
Salary : $16 to $18/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Craftsbury, VT