Our licensed prek/childcare program is hiring someone who can work a minimum of 30 hrs/week with the possibility of more. This position requires the candidate to have at a minimum: an associate's degree in early childhood, 2 years experience in an early childhood setting, and be a team player. Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education preferred. Expereince with TSG, eMTSS, and CLASS are a plus but we are willing to train the right person.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards within a team teaching model
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Associate’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE considered but Bachelor's degree preferred
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Teaching Strategies Gold
Nice To Haves
- Experience with children with disabilities who are on IEPs
- Experience with eMTSS
- Trama Informed Care Training
Salary: $15 to $20/Hr
Minimum Education: Associate
Job Type: Part Time
Minimum Experience: 2 Yrs
Location: Grand Isle, VT