Our 5 STAR, eco-healthy certified early childhood center is seeking 2 full-time teachers and 2 substitute teachers for our Infant Toddler program located on 3+ acres of woods and green space in Hinesburg. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, professional development, and tuition reimbursement. If your idea of a great learning experience with children is a morning in the forest or on a Storywalk trail, this job could be for you! Early Education, Environmental Education or Social Work degrees are preferred, but we will happily train the successful candidate who has experience as well as enthusiasm for child development and the natural world in equal parts!
For more information, or to share your resume and cover letter, contact Linda Mahns at 802-482-2525.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position requires flexibility from the employee, as all classes will need coverage for their lunches and curriculum planning at various times of the day and week. Duties will vary, and include the following under the direction of the Head Teacher and/or Director:
- Supervising and interacting with children in a nurturing and respectful manner in the classroom and on the playground.
- Tending to diapering, toileting, feeding and dressing needs of the children, and supporting independence and autonomy as developmentally appropriate.
- Assisting Teachers with transition to rest time (getting mats out, rubbing backs, etc)
- Helping with project preparations, provisioning resources, and/or general program-wide needs.
- Assisting Teacher with light cleaning duties such as sweeping, washing dishes, disinfecting counters, and taking out trash/recycling at the end of each day.
- Miscellaneous school-wide tasks as needed (community event materials, library upkeep and organization, etc.)
- To know and follow the VT State Center Based Child Care Program regulations at all times.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- B.A.or Associates in Early Childhood or Elementary Education, Ecology, Environmental Humanities, or Environmental Education, Psychology, Social Work, Physical Education or Visual Arts a plus. You may have a VT State Teaching License with Early Education Endorsement, but we look beyond formal studies for the best candidates who can thrive and get excited teaching within a nature-based curriculum.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Proficient in computer use.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent rapport with young children, a sense of humor and an authentic disposition toward helping children learn through play and hands on activities.
- Display a nurturing, compassionate and professional demeanor at all times.
- Flexibility and the ability to manage different schedules.
- Be punctual and prepared.
- Have the ability to work both independently and cooperatively with other staff members.
- Have own transportation.
Work Environment and Expectations
- Annette’s Preschool is a 5 STAR high quality child care program that views each child as an individual with a unique developmental profile. Through age appropriate programming, Annette’s serves children ages 6 weeks to 8 years and implements emergent curriculum using hands-on, play-based experiences.
- Annette’s work environment excels because of its commitment to employing highly enthusiastic adults who have experience with child development and who care about the local community and the wider environment in which we live.
- Annette’s Preschool is an equal opportunity employer.
General Pay and Contract Provisions
- Terms and Hours –flexible work hours < 30 hrs for PT sub. FT sub position (salaried) as well. generally between 8:00AM-5:30 PM.
- Teaching positions are salaried and 40 hours between the hours of 7:30-5:30
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- Compensation–commensurate with education and experience.
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hinesburg, VT