Do you have a passion for mentoring, while working closely with Early Educators and families? We're looking for a Pedagogista to mentor and support our amazing team. Our program Pedagogistas are the face of our NG community alongside our dedicated teachers. We strive to provide the best environment not only for our students, but for our staff as well. We value our Early Educators and believe they have the power to make a difference in the lives of our children. We strive to make that difference by teaching through nature based play, allowing our students opportunities for self-discovery.
This is NOT an office job. We are a program built around SUPPORT, which is rare in the Early Childhood Education field. 80% of the time you would be spending in the classrooms helping support teachers, and the program maintaining best practices. 20% of the time would be maintaining compliance with Brightwheel, program compliance, scheduling, checking in with staff and various small office tasks. This is a salaried position, with various benefits.
1. Conduct site observations to promote developmentally appropriate practices, sound program approaches to delivery of services, and impart culturally and linguistically appropriate beliefs.
2.. Assist with the collection, monitoring, assessing and analyzing of child observations.
4. Provide one-to-one reflective strategies for improving teacher-child interactions and how to work with culturally, linguistically, and developmentally diverse groups of children.
5. Conduct small group meetings for teaching staff to discuss appropriate curriculum planning and implementation, the ongoing assessment process, and how to individualize curriculum.
6. Provide informal learning opportunities for teachers to reflect on and apply theory and learning to everyday practice.
7. Maintain current knowledge of the program's curriculum and operational procedures related to early care and education and ensure implementation.
8. Provide encouragement designed to support teaching staff's goals.
9. Maintain documentation of all services provided and reports submitted.
10. Distribute latest research-based resources, professional growth opportunities, and materials.
12. All other duties as assigned.
Meet Licensing requirements for Director of a program of 26 children
A passion for mentoring and coaching!
Swag for Service
Room for Growth
Work Life Balance
See what we are up to on FB @georgiasnextgeneration and @nextgenerationnortherncampus @nextgenwillistoncampus @nextgenburlingtoncampus