We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team of professionals. Interested candidates must meet the Vermont State Regulations for Teacher Associate. Interested candidates will be responsible for working as a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Candidates must have an understanding of children's cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The candidate must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and appropriately interact and support families.
Duties include, but are not limited to...
- Plan and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on Developmentally Appropriate Practices and Vermont Early Learning Standards.
- Plan activities to promote cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development and learning.
- Maintain frequent communication with families through a variety of communication means.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Create and maintain a healthy classroom environment in accordance with state regulations and ITERS/ECERS.
- Maintain accurate observations, curriculum, and assessment within designated time frames.
- Maintain a personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Candidates must ...
- Meet the Vermont State Regulations for a Teacher Associate
- Infant/Child CPR & First Aid Certification
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Background Check and Fingerprinting Clearance
- Vermont Orientation Training
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others(staff, children, parents) and create a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Vacation Time
- Personal Time
- Holiday Pay
- Discount Child Care
Minimum Education: Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 2 Yrs
Location: Essex Junction, VT