The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Must meet the requirements of the Tennessee Department of Human Services standards.
- Early Childhood or related education and relevant experience are preferred.
- Willingness to participate in a professional development plan and achieve the necessary training hours required.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable navigating technology.
- Physical stamina--must be able to lift 30lbs
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and remain calm under pressure
- Flexible, able to adapt to diverse situations that may arise.
- Take initiative to fulfill typical responsibilities and help out in other ways as needed.
Nice To Haves
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- TN ELDS training
- TECTA Certification
- Competitive Pay
- Vacation and Holiday pay
- Discounted tuition
- No weekends
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Eagleville, TN