Wellspring Early Learning Center is a newly renovated, up and coming business seeking to fill several teacher positions for infants, toddlers, and After School aged children. The Teacher will be responsible to care for children and manage day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Additional responsibilities include ensuring a safe and stimulating environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged. The teacher will follow a provided curriculum, classroom structure, and center policies. Since this role is constantly interfacing with parents, children and fellow staff, a positive individual with effective communication skills would be a great fit!
- Directly supervises and plays/interacts with children.
- Ensure compliance with all center policies and state regulations.
- Follow educational curriculum by implementing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain necessary classroom paperwork.
- Maintain personal professional development plan. (18-24 hours annually)
- Positive attitude; strong work ethic; motivated individual; problem solver; reliable and consistent.
- High energy, ability to team and work well with others (staff, children, and parents)
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- CPR and First Aid certification- if you don't possess this, the ability to take a class as soon as available.
- Must clear a full fingerprint and background check.
- A physical is required to show mental, physical and emotional readiness for working with children.
- May need to kneel, bend, squat, crawl et cetera.
- Ability to lift children; up to 30 pounds as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Early Childhood training, experience, certifications are preferred.
Nice To Haves
- Accrued Time off
- Select 'paid holidays'
Salary : $10 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Knoxville, TN