Under the direction of the Site Director of University of Little Scholars, the Teacher/ Teacher Assistant will provide and maintain a safe and nurturing environment while giving the "ultimate learning experience" filled with fun, learning, and excitement for children ages 6 weeks - 12 years of age.
We are seeking dependable, loving, energetic self-motivators to assist with planning and promoting a positive social and emotional environment that is built on caring and responsive relationships.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- CDA, Associate degree in Early Childhood Education or related field is preferred.
- One (1) - Two (2) years of relevant work experience serving in an Early Childhood Education Setting is required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse groups.
- Must be flexible, have good time management skills, and be able to fill in where needed. Knowledge of ITERs, ECERs, and 3-Star Assessment.
Nice To Haves
- CPR and First Aid certification is strongly preferred.
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Memphis, TN