This position is a Lead Teacher position working with school aged children in the afternoons.
- Maintains an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child and family.
- Maintains a positive, calm attitude and a pleasant, soothing voice, and models this attitude and voice for parents and others working or volunteering in the program.
- Provides for the physical safety of each child from arrival to departure.
- At meal times, sits with students and engages in conversation; models manners and good nutrition.
- Teach basic skills such as colors, shapes, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Organizes and leads each day's activities to provide and promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips; allowing children to learn, grow, and develop using a variety of experiences and opportunities to enhance their curiosity, problem-solving sills, and creativity.
- Completes timely, neat, accurate documentation of screenings and ongoing assessments to determine motor, language, social, cognitive and emotional skills.
- Attends all training opportunities and staff meetings as provided and scheduled.
- Meets monthly with the director to plan and implement ideas and practices for classroom growth.
- Performs any other tasks deemed necessary by the center director.
- 3 Months of programmatic experience in group care of children
- 1 year early childhood certificate of at least 30 hours; child development credential by an approved organization; or a teaching diploma from an internationally recognized Montessori organization
- 6 months programmatic experience in group care of children; 12 hours of training in child development, playground safety, health and safety issue, and preventing and reporting child abuse
- First Aid/CPR
- Food Handler's Card
- TB Screening
- Virginia Preservice Training
- Warm friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to children and willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with Right Start's program and philosophy
Nice To Haves
Salary : $13 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Chesapeake, VA