We are looking for an energetic, nurturing, assistant teacher to become part of our team. Apple Tree Learning Centers is 5 Star, NAEYC Accredited program as well as a public pre-k provider. Apple Tree Learning Centers is a a play-based program that believes children learn through play and that teaching is intentional and based on children's interests. Apple Tree Learning Centers is looking for a Teacher Assistant who can help create innovative lesson plans and enhance the learning environment for our students. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working with children of all age groups, specifically Toddlers ages 1-3, understands how they learn and is dedicated to creating a nurturing learning environment for each student as individuals and the classroom as a whole. The candidate must understand developmentally appropriate practices, and value student directed curriculum. If you have previous experience working in an early childhood center and are interested in joining our growing team, we encourage you to apply. Applicant must be flexible with hours and schedule.
- Assist in developing lesson plans based on state requirements, NAEYC standards, VELS and the specific needs of each child.
- Collaborate with teachers to monitor the development of each child, through observations and recordings.
- Take over the classroom in the advent the lead teacher is absent.
- Work with children in the classroom to promote their learning and development, using age appropriate and child developed curriculum.
- Communicate with parents and keep them informed about their child’s development and any changes to the regular day-to-day schedule.
- This full-time position will require a minimum of a CDA for educational experience or a minimum of a three credit course in Early Education or a related field. AA or BA in education are beneficial.
- Competitive Pay based on years of experience and qualifications
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Gym membership credit
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Stowe, VT