Want to get paid for having fun? Engage in activities that inspire creativity, play games, provide academic support, help someone read, or teach fun classes to help build confidence, character, and self-esteem. We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic people that want to spend time making a positive impact in the lives of adolescent youth! If you are up for a fun challenge, this might be the place for you.
- Serve as a positive adult role model for children in the program through appropriate dress, speech, and attitude.
- Provide academic support, after-school enrichments and physical activity, using curriculum and materials provided by the program.
- Create an engaging environment that fosters a sense of belonging that kids want to be in.
- Support students in making positive behavior choices and take disciplinary measures when appropriate.
- Engage children and youth by following, implementing, and/or assisting in weekly activity plan.
- Ensure student safety by assisting in set up, break down, and ongoing sanitation in an effort to keep the Center clean and orderly.
- Promote positive interactions between staff and students in accordance with child safety guidelines.
- 2-5 Years of experience working with school age children
- CDA or Paraprofessional Certification
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Enjoy working with school age adolescent youth
- Possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must possess the ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
Nice To Haves
- Performing Arts experience
- CPR & First Aid Certification
With over 12 years of experience, the Youth Life Center of The Arts is a trailblazing organization is dedicated to Adolescent care, specifically tailored for youth who are too advanced for daycare but not ready to be left home alone during out of school time. We provide performing arts-based programs, innovative learning, and life-skills development to help prepare Adolescents for the real world. Our mission is to provide character development, educational, and enrichment programs in a safe family-style environment that empowers youth, through creative expression, to find their voice and discover their gifts during out-of-school times. Our vision promotes community sustainability, educational advancement, and social development so that our youth will have a positive sense of SELF, FAMILY, and COMMUNITY.
Salary : $18 to $20/Hr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Flexible
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 5 Yrs
Location : Riverdale, GA