The role of the Assistant in the classroom is to assist the lead teacher in helping to meet the needs of children and families and to help the classroom run smoothly.
- Develop warm, caring relationships with the children
- Maintain a professional, non-judgmental attitude toward children, families, colleagues and community
- Maintain confidentiality
- Must be flexible enough to follow a structure, yet follow the lead of the childrens energy
- Assist in planning and implementing all aspects of the daily program under the direction of the Head Teacher
- Responsible for any completion of paper work under the direction of the Head Teacher, Director or Assistant to the Director
- Provide coverage in the classroom during breaks and meetings.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the Early Childhood Program Licensing Regulations for Vermont, and be able to implement these as a foundation towards Best Practice.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, at least 18 years of age and completion of a 45 hour course in child development approved by the VT Child Care Services Division, or one higher education course (minimum 3 credits) in early childhood development to be successfully completed within one year of employment. Certification in infant/child CPR, first aid, injury prevention and emergency readiness within six months.
Nice To Haves
CDA or college courses and 12 months experience with groups of young children
Earned time off, paid holidays, paid lunch break, great colleagues
Salary : $13 to $14.50/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Brattleboro, VT