This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day needs of infants and toddlers. Teacher will care for the needs of the infants and toddlers (feeding, diapering, caring, and education). This person must be organized and can keep accurate daily records of child needs and wants. Infant and toddler classrooms must remain clean and organized. Teacher will provide educational instruction to infants and toddlers by incorporating the curriculum for infants and toddlers. Must be able to effectively communicate to parents and other teachers.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of high school diploma (prefer AA in early childhood or CDA)
- Experience working with infants and toddlers
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
- Minimum of 2 years of professional childcare experience.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- AA or bachelor's degree
Tuition Assistance (in the field of education)
Salary : $30,000 to $32,000/Yr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Memphis, TN