Hand In Hand Creative Learning Center, located in Essex Junction, Vermont, is a child care and preschool center located in a quiet, shaded and remote area conveniently located for parents. We provide a nurturing environment, guides them in making choices that will promote self awareness. We use calm-down time to allow children to help with the opportunity to decide when they are ready to return to an activity as a style of behavior guidance. All of the children in our care are under constant visual supervision during operating hours.
We are looking for a highly motivated Teacher Associate to join our team of professionals. Interested candidates must meet the Vermont State Regulations for Teacher Associate. Interested candidates will be responsible for working as a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Candidates must have an understanding of children's cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The candidate must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and appropriately interact and support families.
Duties include, but are not limited to...
- Plan and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on Developmentally Appropriate Practices and Vermont Early Learning Standards.
- Plan activities to promote cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development and learning.
- Maintain frequent communication with families through a variety of communication means.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Create and maintain a healthy classroom environment in accordance with state regulations and ITERS/ECERS.
- Maintain accurate observations, curriculum, and assessment within designated time frames.
- Maintain a personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Meet the Vermont State Regulations for a Teacher Associate
- At least twenty (20) years of age
- High school graduate or a GED
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment with staff, children and parents
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Infant / Child CPR & First Aid Certification
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Background Check and Fingerprinting Clearance
- Vermont Orientation Training
Meet one (1) of the following qualifications
- At least a Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level Three (3) Certificate; or
- At least an associate degree from an accredited college with a major or concentration in Early Childhood, Child or Human Development, Elementary Education, or Child and Family Services and at least twelve 12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger; or
- At least a Certificate of Completion from the Registered Child Care Apprenticeship Program; or
- At least a Child Care Certificate from the Community College of Vermont and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger; or
- At least successful completion of twentyone (21) college credits with an early childhood or school age focus and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger
Nice To Haves
- Vacation Time
- Personal Time
- Holiday Pay
- Discount Child Care
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Essex Junction, VT