General Position Description
The Nutrition Coordinator prepares and serves meals and snacks to children. The Nutrition Coordinator is responsible for maintenance, cleanliness, inventory and safety of kitchen equipment and supplies.
This position reports to the Program Director and Business Director.
Full-time (Monday to Friday)
Lotus Learning Center is a new early childhood program that is coming to the East Nashville, North Nashville, and Madison area in Fall 2022. At Lotus, we nourish children's creativity and promote holistic development. Our emergent curriculum emphasizes play-based and project-based learning that aligns with children's unique interests.
- Plan menus in accordance with nutritional guidelines and food restrictions
- Prepare, cook, and deliver meals (breakfast, lunch, and snack(s)) safely and efficiently
- Maintain hygiene and safety of kitchen in according with state licensing requirements
- Prepare order slip to ensure kitchen is stocked with food and related supplies
- Supervise children as needed during teachers' breaks
- Form nurturing and responsive relationships with children
- Participate in and contribute to staff meetings and opportunities
- High School Diploma (required)
- 1-2 years of professional experience in food service; preferably in a child care or institutional setting
- Basic math skills for measuring and portioning
- Infant/Child CPR and First Aid certification
- Must clear full background check and pass health screening
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and move as the position requires
Nice To Haves
- $750 signing bonus
- Discounted fee for childcare services
- Paid holidays
- Personal days
- Two weeks of paid vacation (one week during winter, one week during summer)
- Referral and retention incentives
Lotus Learning Center is a new family-owned and operated early childhood program that will open in the East Nashville, North Nashville, and Madison area this fall!
At Lotus, we nourish children's creativity and promote their holistic development. Our emergent curriculum emphasizes play-based and project-based learning that aligns with children's unique interests.
Salary : $15 to $17/Hr
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Nashville, TN